Friday, March 25, 2016

You're So Special To Me!

I am not good with watercolour.  I guess it is because I learnt oil painting first when I was a teen.  When I picked up acrylic and oil pastel later on, they come natural to me because they are very similar media in terms of how you can move the pigments around the way you want them.  Colour pencil is a little different in terms of how colours are layered when compared to the other three media but still you have full control of it.  Watercolour was the last medium I tried and it is so different.  I was intimidated by it and didn't do much with it not till recently.  I sincerely thank Coco Bee Art, Life In Watercolor for this.  It is a mind opening experience for me!   I strongly encourage you to check out this YouTube vedio if you haven't yet :)




I used Sennelier watercolour for this card, i.e. the background and all the images, but you can use any watercolour you like.  The images are from Clearly Besotted - Woodland Kisses.  The sentiment is from Hero Arts - Year Round Sentiments stamp set.  I stamped it with memento inks and the help from my Misti.  The rain drop is done using uni-ball white gel pen.  The edges of the card are distressed using the same memento inks.  The purple "halo" effect was done using a blending tool on wetted distress crayon (seedless preserves).  All the materials used on this card are listed below!




Thank you for dropping by, have a fantastic and creative day!

No comments:

Post a Comment