Monday, March 7, 2016

Touchy Feely Happy Easter Card


The card was very fun to make.   The bunnies were made using Memory Box's Sketch Bunny Background Craft die.  I don't have the felt with the colours I like for the bunnies, so I die cut the bunnies on a piece of white felt, then used Heidi Swapp's Color Shine to spray the colours on the bunnies.  I found that sticking the felt bunny on a piece of paper using a repositionable glue first before spraying it helped cause the ink took a very long time to dry on the felt I used, and I can hold on to the paper instead of the wet inked felt.  I used two white fuzzy balls from my 8 years old craft stuff for the bunnies' tails.

The tag was made using Mama Elephant's Framed Tags - Madison Avenue Creatice Cuts die set on a piece of pattern paper.  The "flag" was made using the die from the same die set on a piece of white cardstock.  I don't have an Easter sentiment that is small enough to go on the flag, so I wrote the sentiment myself with a Pink Uni-posca acrylic pen.

I also embossed the white background using W R Memory embossing folder.  When I was putting the card together, I decided to go for a very loose feel, so the panels are all off centred.

Heidi's Color Shine:  Butter, Mustard, Peach
                                  Blush, Raspberry, Amethyst

No comments:

Post a Comment