Sunday, March 13, 2016

Thank You In Green


Love this challenge...cause otherwise I wouldn't have created a card that is so green!   Not that I don't like green, is just that I love colours and I always want to use many of them on a card!  This monochromatic card turned out to be a super fun card to make!  

I used Studio L2E's Hi-Light It: Drops stamp set and Memento's Dew Drop inks to stamp the pattern.  The sentiment is from Stampendous's Happy Messages Perfectly Clear Stamp Set.  The scalloped stitched border is from Lawn Fawn. 

Memento Ink: Dandelion, New Sprout, Pear Tart, Bamboo Leaves

I started stamping with the biggest outlined polkadot drop shape stamp at the top right corner with the New Sprout colour.  Then the smallest solid drop shape stamp with Dandelion Ink, repeat the stamping on the solid shape with the matching solid polkadot stamp and New Sprout ink.  

The second row was done using the second smallest solid drop shape stamp with the New Sprout ink and the matching stripe stamp with Pear Tart Ink.  

The third row used the one size up solid drop shape stamp and Pear Tart, layers with the matching solid polkadot stamp using Bamboo Leaves.  

The forth row was done using the biggest solid drop shape stamp with Bamboo Leaves Ink, then the matching stripe stamp with Dandelion.  

The rest of the stamping was done using New Sprout Ink and the biggest drop shapes.  I purposely started off with the solid drop shape and extended the pattern with matching stamps that have less and less solid area to get an illusion of fading colour although I used the same colour throughout. 

The Thank You sentiment from Stampendous was embossed using ZING embossing powder Green and Teal (yes, I mixed these two colours together to form the green I wanted for the sentiment)

The twine is from my daughter's craft stash, it seems that I can always found some treasures there for my cards!

I also popped the panel up with fun foam to give the card a little bit dimension!

Thank you for popping by and have a wonderful and creative day!




No comments:

Post a Comment